13.5.09

10 Basics Essentials for Women

Do you ever have the feeling of nothing to wear? I do have that feeling most of the time and writing this entry is not trying to convince or tell others of what and how to wear their clothes.

Here are my 10 basic essentials in my wardrobe.

1. Trench coat
~ The material can be light so that it's easier to pack with travelling to slightly colder climates.

2. Black / White Turtleneck
~ It is an elegant top that ladies can pair it with skirts, trousers as well as accessories such as pearls earrings and necklaces.

3. Trousers
~ A pair of well-cut and great fitting trousers can last for seasons and it is timeless.

4. Tunic
~ It is good to camouflage certain problematic body area . When this is paired with trousers, it creates a different look for parties.

5. White Shirt (crisp)
~ A well-cut and fitting shirt can take you from day to night with a change in accessories and make-up.

6. Dark Jeans
~ A pair of dark jeans can be paired with the above mentioned items as well as a pair of pointed shoes and you will be ready for a night of parties and fun. For me, I opt for darker colors as there have 'slimming' effect.

7. Black Dress
~ Every lady should have a black dress. This is an iconic and essential item as Audrey Hepburn had made this item memorable in Breakfast at Tiffany. The look can be changed through the expression of accessories. Over here, I did not stress the little black dress as some ladies are plus-sized and that includes me.

8. Denim Jacket/Cropped Jacket or any other jackets
~ Having a nice jacket can transform your outfit. The recent trend of wearing your bf's jacket is cute and it is a good mixture of feminine and masculine style in one.

9. Black Skirt
~ A well cut skirt can slim the figure down especially those who have 'curves'.

10. Timeless Cashmere Sweater
~ Cashmere is soft and can keep you warm especially when there are malls who blast their aircons.

The above items are my basic essentials.

For accessories, I will keep it to the minimal. I live with this mantra "less is more".

“I never wanted to weigh more heavily on a man than a bird.” ~Coco Chanel

No comments: