12.5.09

My Rubber Dream Shoes and Birkens

Picture by Mode.Attitude.Culture

I still in that mood of raving about my fav things in life. Sometimes, it's the simple pleasures of life that are enriching to one's fashions. I do have a mixture of 'expensive' and relative inexpensive or rather cost effective items that do wonders to my wardrobe.


One of my fav brands for shoes is Melissa while the rest of Singaporeans are rather crazy about Crocs. I have not against those slip-ins looking like Croc head. To me, I simply like Melissa as they do produce a slight tint of candy-scented shoes. It makes you feel sweet and lovely. Or rather bubble gummy!


The whole collection started with a pair of sandals or rather flip flops with crystals. I had them for 3 yrs and counting but the lifespan of the crystals is rather disappointing. The best part of these shoes and flip flops are not slippery. I always watch in fear when ladies balance themselves on their heels while walking on slippery floor especially after a downpour (my humid country has no four seasons and plentiful of rain). These shoes and flip flops seem anti-slip and I can walk with ease of not having the fear of slipping. (Pardon my poorly-taken picture, the above is my collection of shoes and the 'well-worn' flip flops.) Yes, there are in my beloved color BLACK. Melissa has several designers' collaborations such as Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania. However, the prices of the similar differs a lot and have to forgo these. Sob! The comforting part is I've a pair from Campana Brothers as I like their simplicity and texture treatment on shoes.
The other brand is Birkenstocks and have 5 pairs (approx - never keep track after 2 pairs). I love being and feeling comfortable on my lazy days coz it's just too painful to walk on heels. (There was a survey done that my countrymen enjoy wearing flip flops to everywhere.) To me, I wanna rest my feet and comfortable. I do know some women feel weird wearing flats.
Besides, a pair of Birkens are not as expensive as it used to especially some of the 'fans' order through forums. As for me, I got them from sales and sometimes, the difference in prices may be just a few dollars.

The saddest part is these above-mentioned brands are subjected to copies and these copies do not last in most cases. Some of these brands are rather reasonably priced and they do last for awhile. I guess imitation is the ultimate form of flattery to the brand and this is very sad coz I believe a good pair of shoes could really take you to places.

I luv a pair of oxfords from Melissa Joy + Alexandre Herchcovitch (I've a pair from this designer, too ~ feature on the extreme left on my picture)

Meanwhile, I'm taking my Birkens for a walk.

Ta

PS : It's still my list of favs

No comments: