16.5.09

Paranoid of technology




The whole e-commerce thingy is ever so thriving than before, thanks to the ailing economy. I do noticed that some of online seller do feature excellent quality yet value for money items. However, I do not wish to be in any part of this or even a participant in the very near future.

Others may think that I'm dated in terms of my thinking after reading this. Well, you are entitled to your very own opinion.

As for me, I still enjoying going to the brick and mortar stores to view as well as touch the exact article and making sure that 'what I see is exactly what I get'. This is important for me when it comes to clothing coz the cut and shape matter. Though there has been no cheating cases happening to me, I did get a call on a case on an fraud issue using my credit card details recently. Can you imagine the bills that I may have to pay and the great deal of inconveniences caused should the fraudster had succeed?

Anyway, the task of buying online was on SL who had bid 2 items for me successfully and one of the clutches was a vintage Gucci. It was relatively cheap compared to the market and I do have a maximum amount that I would bid for. I have yet to check the status in the case of genuine of this clutch as it was a gift SL. Though I've checked and research on the net on that clutch, it is the exact same model and the format of the serial numbers are similar to those manufactured during that period. Still, there is a nagging fear that it might turn out to be an imitation and didnt not even dare to check with a Gucci store.

After all, I would rather not know about the status at all. Call me a coward but Gucci is one of those traditional brands that have 'flattered' by the inspired and there are so many fakes on the net. Besides, there are times when the ratings are the seller may be inflated, too. There are also cases where the seller fled after receiving the money as well as when the buyers discover that they have bought the fakes after paying 'big money' for them. These are the sufficient reasons to tarnish the reputation of reliable sellers out there.

Yes, I know that I can get cheaper rates when purchasing items there or the variety of products made available. At the end of the day, those reasons are not enough to convince or convert me into an online buyer. I would rather pool my money with my frens who have online purchasing accounts or some purchasing forms recommended by frens are my forms of security to myself.

As long as the e-commerce's security is threatening, surfing online for viewing pleasures rather than to purchase item online will be my mantra. Period.

Call me dated, I dont mind a single bit! Welcome to the 'real' online world!

No comments: