26.5.09

Sheer for summer

To jump start my summer, I've developed my luv for sheer tops on days of laziness and unsure of the tops to wear under a scorching sun. It's airy and light. The sheer material oozes out sexy appeal. The favourite part is I need not iron these tops and it's an important factor to consider when it comes to shopping.



Being sheer and the idea of cant show that much is rather sad as SG is still relatively conservative. Hence, there's a need to do a bit of cover-up. Sigh! The 'usual' choice of color is black and I normally source these through sales. In reality, these tops that are acquired are relatively inexpensive. These cost between SGD 10 - SGD 35. It doesnt mean that it's not chic. Normally, I will pair these tops with a pair of black shorts with birkens. Critics say that SG is a nation of shorts and flip flops. I dont deny the fact that our country is terribly humid and there are some people who roam everywhere in this combi coz it's simply comfortable. Well, I do go out in this manner and will be all dressed up when certain occasions require me to do so.


Here are some of my lovely sheer tops starting from left to right.
Tops from Dorthy Perkins, Cotton On, Cotton On, Cotton On, Warehouse respectively

Picture by Mode.Attitude.Culture

































I do visit flea markets for inspiration and to suck up the atmosphere. On 1 occasion, I happened to be at one and bought a couple of tops from there. Normally, I will not buy tops from flea markets coz there's no way I could try or the sizes are relatively too small for me. Personally, I prefer UK sizes for better fit and accommodate the curves of my body unlike Asian sizes. Well, her quaint little shop called Grilled Potato is located at Bugis Village. Her appeals are different from those that commonly found and retailing for SGD 10. Some of the appeals can be found here.



Here are the tops that I bought from her. I heart the puffy blue top.





Picture by Mode.Attitude.Culture






























Another instalment of my fav things for summer outings. Do enjoy your summer, peps!

No comments: